This is a Random Event. Occurs in:
- Civilian Sector
- Engi Controlled Sector
- Engi Homeworlds
- Zoltan Controlled Sector
- Zoltan Homeworlds
- Pirate Controlled Sector
- Rebel Controlled Sector
- Rebel Stronghold
- Mantis Controlled Sector
- Mantis Homeworlds
- Rock Controlled Sector
- Rock Homeworlds
- Uncharted Nebula
- Slug Controlled Nebula
- Slug Home Nebula
Can also occur at an exit beacon.
The intro text for this event varies, and could be any of the following:
- You arrive at a quiet spaceport and are immediately hailed by another ship at port with a "once in a lifetime deal!"
- You jump into a sector filled with civilian activity. Your scan the various advertisement channels while waiting for your FTL to charge, and are intrigued by a grey-market shipwright.
- Your ship is flooded with advertisement transmissions from nearby merchants as soon as you arrive at this beacon. You arbitrarily pick one to examine in detail.
- Despite the barren area, a trader has set up shop at this beacon. He presents his offer.
- The beacon at first glance seems home to a junk yard. Upon closer inspection, it reveals itself to be a ramshackle market. One trader has a deal that catches your eye.
- A pawn broker has set up shop at this obscure beacon. He might be offering something worth looking at.
This event is called "TRADER_CIV" in the datafiles.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.