This is a Random Event. Occurs in:
The text for this event varies, and could be any of the following:
- The complex arrangements of ship hulls and FTL drive capacitors floating abandoned in space suggest the Engi were here not too long ago; but no longer.
- You arrive at a green planet with great plains and rolling waterfalls. It would be of little interest to the Engi nearby.
- You have arrived near an Engi construction yard. Most Engi maintain their bi-pedal appearance out of habit but here you see a number of Engi hives working together to create massive organic machines adept at building ships. Truly a sight to behold.
- Even though each "individual" Engi is made up of trillions of nano-machines, their culture still revolves around traditional social interactions. A nearby station seems to be constructed for entertainment of passing Engi travellers.
- You see a number of Engi space stations and fleets nearby. Despite looking like piles of junk loosely tied together they are actually a model of efficiency. They just lack a certain aesthetic emphasis in their constructions.
- This system appears quite peaceful. You're not sure how long it'll last between the combined threats of the Rebels and Mantis.
- There are a number of merchant ships passing through the area despite the threat of Mantis invasion. No doubt interested in buying the efficient technology of the Engi.
- You see a small Rebel carrier in the distance. You lay low and try to blend in with the other traffic. However it's surprising to see a Rebel military ship alone deep in Engi space.
- The Engi seem to have avoided this particular node, along with every other life-form. You keep your eyes peeled for reasons why, but spin up the FTL without event.
- A cluster of Engi satellites in orbit of a nearby planet are the only clue the mechanical species was ever here. You have other places to be.
- Nothing happens.
This event is called "NOTHING_ENGI" in the datafiles.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.