This is a Random Event. Occurs in:
- Civilian Sector
- Engi Controlled Sector
- Engi Homeworlds
- Pirate Controlled Sector
- Rebel Controlled Sector
- Rebel Stronghold
- Mantis Controlled Sector
- Mantis Homeworlds
- Rock Controlled Sector
- Rock Homeworlds
- Uncharted Nebula
- Slug Controlled Nebula
- Slug Home Nebula
- Hidden Crystal Worlds
Can also occur at an exit beacon.
The intro text for this event varies, and could be any of the following:
- Holy crap! A weapon is just floating in space!
- You inform a nearby station of your flight from the Rebels. They offer to outfit your ship with a weapon and wish you well.
- A settlement still loyal to the Federation hails your ship. They have prepared a weapon to aid your escape from the Rebels.
- As soon as you arrive a small Mantis ship detaches from a wreck and jumps away. You must have interrupted their salvage operation because you find a weapon ready to be installed!
- A small merchant ship messages you, "Underground Federation comm channels are all talking about your 'secret' mission. Let us install a weapon to help. Good luck!"
- Debris from a battle is scattered around this system. A few pieces bounce against your ship. You passively scan them and discover there is a functioning weapon among them!
- You receive a low amount of scrap and a weapon.
This event is called "FIND_WEAPON" in the datafiles.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.