The text for this event varies, and could be any of the following:
- As you are keeping a low profile, you're certain that the Rebel fleet is having a hard time tracking your ship.
- Since your distress beacon has not been activated, you feel confident that the Rebel fleet is having difficulty tracking you. It should buy you a little time.
- Long range scanners indicate the Rebel fleet has temporarily paused its advance on your position. Your decision to leave the distress beacon deactivated was farsighted.
- Scanners show that the Rebel fleet has ceased its pursuit for a short time.
- Your intuition as captain is telling you that the Rebels are having a hard time trying to find your ship.
- Without a distress beacon or any FTL signatures to trace, you're sure that the Rebels are struggling to find you. You can only hope their confusion lasts until more fuel can be found.
- The Rebel fleet seems to be unable to locate your ship's signature. If only you could get some fuel, you might still have a chance to place some distance between you and them...
This event is called "FUEL_FLEET_DELAY" in the datafiles and has a 9% chance of occurring when you wait at a beacon with your distress beacon off.
Since this event calls another event from its parent list, it is possible to get it recursively. The delayed jumps of the Rebel Fleet will be properly accumulated.