This is a Random Event. Occurs in:
The intro text for this event varies, and could be any of the following:
- What appears to be a civilian ship sends a friendly hail. As you approach the vessel, you detect a teleporter signal but it's too late... intruders have beamed aboard!"
- A heavily damaged ship is drifting near this beacon. You receive a communication: "Hello! Nice of you to drop by. As you can see, our ship has seen better days. Yours is looking quite nice, I think we might be taking it from you now." Intruders beam aboard.
- You detect life-signs actually on the beacon itself! A teleporter signal warns you but it's too late, they've beamed from the beacon onto your ship and seem intent on taking it over.
- Your ship detects a faint distress signal on a nearby moon. As you approach the rock, warning lights flash as hostiles beam aboard the ship from some hidden location.
- As you arrive, you become aware of a small Rebel outpost near the beacon. You are hardly able to bark an order before a small team is beamed aboard your ship. They must have been expecting you...
This event is called "BOARDERS" in the datafiles.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.