This is a Random Event. Occurs in:
The intro text for this event varies, and could be any of the following:
- Upon arriving at the beacon, you're hailed by a well-spoken Mantis, "Hail, traveler. These are dangerous times. Perhaps you find yourself in need of our services?" He appears to be a trader.
- Uncertain about what you'll discover at this beacon, you scan the surroundings. You detect several warnings on wide-band channels discouraging any violence in protected trade-space. Perhaps you can find some wares nearby.
- Merchants are not highly respected among the Mantis race, so few undertake the profession. You're mildly surprised to receive an advertisement from a nearby space dock. You decide to see what they have to offer.
- Identifying a Mantis trading post ahead, you signal them so that your approach won't be taken as a threat. The leader hails you: "You have scrap? Quickly, come dock before the warriors see you."
- A struggling Mantis cargo ship headed for the node raises what's left of shields as you jump in. You power up your weapons as a show of force, and they reluctantly agree to offload some of their cargo to you - for a price.
- The Rebels are already here! The crew braces for impact, but none comes. The sensors report the unmanned rebel supply ship is malfunctioning and is stuck in vending mode - for a little scrap you can take your pick.
- A store opens.
This event is called "STORE_MANTIS" in the datafiles.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.