This is a Random Event. Occurs in:
You receive a request, "All of our military ships have been destroyed or damaged during the rebellion. However, there have been reports of a Mantis war camp only a few jumps from us. Can you help?"
- Pledge to do what you can.
- Apologize and decline.
- Nothing happens.
You find the Mantis encampment but there are far too many of them to count accurately. You send a long range message back to the settlement with your findings but unfortunately there's not much you can do. It would be suicide to attack directly.
- Leave before they notice you
- As you try to leave, a patrol spots you. Wailing sirens begin to blare around the camp and the ship moves in to attack!
- They must have been focused on setting up the camp since you got far enough away to attempt a jump without being noticed.
- Nothing happens.
- (Missile Weapon) Bombard their key structures. [missiles -1]
- You fire at their fuel depot, but a shot from the surface rips the missile to shreds. They must have a planetary defense system set up already! You try to get away but a nearby patrol ship moves in to attack.
- (Fire Bomb) Teleport fire bombs into their key structures. [missiles -2]
- It appears they have not set up a teleporter disruption field yet. You deposit one bomb in a fuel depot and one in the barracks. Mantis comm channels fill with panicked chatter and you watch a number of structures go up in flames.
Fight a Mantis shipEdit
- (After destroying enemy ship) With the patrol ship destroyed you hasten to leave. It won't be long before the other ships catch up.
- You receive a medium amount of scrap and resources.
- (After killing enemy crew) With the patrol ship taken care of you hasten to leave. It won't be long before the other ships catch up.
- You receive a high amount of scrap and resources.
This event is called "QUEST_MANTIS_INVASION_START" in the datafiles.