- These anaerobic beings seem friendly enough.
The Lanius are a metallic scavenger race prone to aggression, whose biological composition somehow drains oxygen from the rooms they occupy, making them potentially deadly adversaries. They arrived to the FTL universe with the release of FTL: Advanced Edition.
The Lanius are scavengers – metallic lifeforms that rely on the absorption of minerals to sustain themselves. Their society ebbs and flows in hibernation cycles; they may lie dormant for many years, even while hurtling through space. As soon as they become aware of significant metal deposits they reawaken. Usually this occurs in the dying stages of a galactic civilization or in the wake of intergalactic war.
Reports of reawakened Lanius have appeared in many of the war-torn and abandoned sectors of Federation Space. Their arrival has created panic as they indiscriminately seek out sources of metal – although more diplomatic individuals have suggested that they can be reasoned with.
Special Abilities[edit | edit source]
+/- Drains oxygen from rooms.
+ No damage from lack of oxygen.
- Movement speed reduced by 15%.
They drain Oxygen about as fast as a hull breach in a single square. You can follow the same process used to feed oxygen to a breached room to sustain the oxygen in the room your Lanius crewmen share with other crewmen.
Blue Options[edit | edit source]
- (Lanius Crew) Try to contact the ship. (Occurs on Civilian Ship fleeing from Lanius)
- (Lanius Crew) Have your crew admonish their captain. (Occurs on Civilian vessel under fire from a Lanius ship)
- (Lanius Crew) Ask if they require assistance. (Occurs on Damaged Lanius Absorbing Jump Beacon)
- (Lanius Crew) Offer to copy your translator's data suite. (Occurs on Federation Science-Craft docked with Lanius)
- (Lanius Crew) Attempt to use them to delay the Rebels. (Occurs on Lanius Absorbing Rebel Base)
- (Lanius Crew) Request some scrap. (Occurs on Lanius Salvaging Small Civilian Craft)
- (Lanius Crew) Ask for an alternative trade. (Occurs on Lanius Scavenger Trader)
- (Lanius Crew) Offer to help in the process. (Occurs on Merchant Ship docked with Lanius Transport)
- (Lanius Crew) Send over a Lanius crewmember to plunder the ship of resources. (Occurs on Powered-Down Lanius Vessel)
- (Lanius Crew) Offer to have your crewmember help. (Occurs on Space Station under Construction)
- (Lanius Crew) Your Lanius crewmember gestures frantically. (Occurs on The Engi Virus)