This is a Random Event. Occurs in:
- Civilian Sector
- Zoltan Controlled Sector
- Zoltan Homeworlds
- Pirate Controlled Sector
- Rebel Controlled Sector
- Rebel Stronghold
- Abandoned Sector
The intro text for this event varies, and could be any of the following:
- You discover one of the Rebel's autonomous scouts. The ship's AI wastes no time in engaging your ship.
- Your ship is hailed: "This is an automated message. Resisting our takeover is pointless. Prepare to die." It appears this Rebel ship is run by an AI.
- A Rebel autonomous scout is exploring this beacon. You attempt to hide behind a nearby moon, but the ship finds you and begins its assault.
- The AI of a nearby small Rebel scout immediately identifies you as a threat and engages.
- A Rebel ship moves in to engage. You attempt to open communications, but realize the futility of that action when you see the ship is run by an AI.
- This must be one of the Rebels' unmanned scout ships. Looks like there's no way around a fight.
- Another unmanned ship patrols this area. You prepare the ship for combat.
- This beacon is being patrolled by a unmanned scout. A fight is unavoidable.
- A small shuttle appears on the local radar. Turns out it is a Rebel automated scout!
- Fight an Auto-Ship (default rewards).
This event is called "REBEL_AUTO" in the datafiles.
This event shares its intro texts with the Rebel Auto-Ship Warning random event, but the fight is slightly different.