This is a Random Event. Occurs in:
- Civilian Sector
- Rebel Controlled Sector
- Rebel Stronghold
- Uncharted Nebula
- Slug Controlled Nebula
- Slug Home Nebula
in a Nebula. Can also occur as a nebula filler event in any sector.
An advance rebel automated ship remains stationed near a small Rebel space-station. However, without functioning sensors it is impossible to tell what is inside.
- Attack the automated ship to get to the station.
- Avoid provoking the ship.
- Nothing happens.
- (Cloaking) Attempt to stealthily access the space station.
- (Improved Cloaking) Use your stealth to access the space station. (Requires level 2 Cloaking)
- You successfully sneak by the ship and access the station undetected.
- (Hacking) Try to hack the station to prevent an alert. [-1 Drone Part]
- (Improved Hacking) Hack the station to prevent an alert. (Requires level 2 Hacking) [-1 Drone Part]
- You successfully hack into the station and sever the connection to the automated ship, accessing the station completely undetected.
Fight an auto-Ship
(After destroying enemy ship) You salvage what you can from the broken ship.
Investigate the station
- The station was either abandoned or stripped clean. It seems to have lain unused for quite some time. You find nothing useful.
- Nothing happens.
- The station was apparently designed to outfit Rebel ships with Drone Systems. You find a functioning Schematic.
- You receive a low amount of scrap and a drone.
- The station is a storage site for military grade weapons. You find one that can be easily attached to the ship.
- You receive a low amount of scrap and a weapon.
- The station is a storage site for various resources. You salvage everything possible.
- You receive a medium amount of resources and scrap.
This event is called "NEBULA_AUTO_DEFENSE_ITEM" in the datafiles.
This event is very similar to the nebula event: 'Rebel Automated Ship Near Storage Vessel' but is not identical: more blue options are present in this one.