This is a Random Event. Occurs in:
The intro text for this event varies, and could be any of the following:
- Although this sector is still under Federation control, a small scout has slipped by the fleet. You move in to engage.
- Long range scanners show this system is empty of any capital ships. Clearly it is not of strategic value. Wait... FTL signatures show a Rebel scout just jumped nearby!
- Sensors indicate that the Rebels are setting up a forward Jump Beacon behind the nearby planet's moon. More importantly, a number of ships are passing by; prepare for a fight!
- Federation ships are scarce in this region of space despite a number of civilian space stations. You see a small bomber squadron engaged with some Federation scouts and quickly move in to assist.
- As soon as you arrive at the beacon, a Rebel scout turns to engage. Power up the weapons!
- You scan the area, finding signatures for only a small trade vessel. However, as it approaches you see the silhouette of a Rebel scout! You run the scanners again and discover their registration is fake. You move in to attack.
- Fight a Rebel ship or an Auto-ship (default rewards).
This event is called "BOSS_SCOUT" in the datafiles.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.