This is a side by side comparison of each ship's scrap value, starting out with the bare minimum and buying everything else. This does not include the ship's room layout or the equipment synergies; it is just the bare numbers for scrap. For example, it is good if there are many airlocks, and it is bad if the Medbay is far away from the Teleporter. However, these features have no scrap value so the table ignores them.
Scrap Cost and Values
- All the scrap values are for purchasing the piece, not selling.
- Because every ship must have Piloting, Oxygen, Weapons, and Engines systems for at least 1 bar, these are worth 0 scrap as a base but then worth more if they are above the lowest possible.
- Similarly, every ship starts with exactly 16 fuel so we do not include that as a resource purchased. However many ships have drone parts or missiles which we buy individually.
- Several ships have weapons that can not be bought at the store. Most of them are actually objectively better than their similar counterpart in the store and also less expensive. In these situations we used the higher scrap value of the two. For example the Dual Lasers cost 25 scrap and the Burst Laser 1 costs 50. However the Dual Laser is objectively better so we use the 50 scrap value.
- The Artillery Beam can not be purchased or sold at a store so for this we just assume a value of 100 scrap which seems to fit in although this is possible the most subjective part of the table.